Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Spring's color palette



I love this season. Bright blue skies, still a few clouds from the lingering storms, soon to pass, vibrant greens on the black oaks. Others just coming into bud. And last year's grey cones on the ground.

This was taken at Henry W. Coe State Park where I spend about 50 hours each year working the visitor center. On a quick break, I dropped down over the side of the canyon to photograph this scene.

It's springtime. I'm spending less time in front of the computer and more time out there. There's just this one spectacular month of spring and I don't want to miss one minute of it, so between outdoor sessions with kids and high school seniors, I'm getting lots of fresh air in our local parks which are simply spectacular this time of the year.

0 comments: