Friday, February 15, 2008

A late Valentine







I've waited a very long time for this Amaryllis to bloom. I think I planted it the first week of November and placed it outdoors on a window-level sill. It sat there for weeks without any sign of growth until the second week of December when the first flowering stock began to push its way up. I was hopeful of a bloom after the holidays. You know, during that time when we take down the tree and start missing all of the holiday glitz. But no, it seemed stuck. So I brought it inside and it began to grow a wee bit faster, but not much. I know this because I planted two bulbs at the same time, in two separate pots. The other one is still outside and it is behind this one, but not by much.




Anyway, just in time for Valentine's Day, it bloomed. I had to share it with you. Aren't flowers awesome !!

0 comments: